Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A SACK?

Okay, I am so very disappointed and confused.

I know that delia*s is technically a juniors catalog, but sometimes they have really cute pieces (and cheap!)
Right now, I am above my "desired weight." WAY above. So you would think that if I ordered a dress in a juniors size XS, it would fit. Maybe even possibly be too small.

A couple of weeks ago, I convinced my husband that I needed this:

It arrived on Friday. I immediately tried it on.
Oh, boo hoo. It looked like a muumuu. A maternity dress. A sack.
NOTHING like it does on the model.

I would know, though. That stuff on catalog models is pinned to within an inch of its life. (This also explains the peacoat phenomenon, Chloe.) The model gets it on, and then it gets pinned to perfectly conform to the model's body. The models aren't perfect. The clothes aren't perfect. Someone makes the clothes perfect for the model's body. Simple as that.

But still...how disappointing.

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Oh I KNOW. God damn peacoats. That's a cute dress- bummer it didn't work out. Junior sizing always freaks me out. :/

Shasta said...

Damn it. That is so freaking annoying. It is all such an illusion.