Wednesday, November 19, 2008

THE CHAMPAGNE OF GAS

I love my car.
It is the car I wanted before I was even old enough to drive. It is unique, cute, and fun to drive. It is rare, interesting, and safe. It is also a snob (or I should say, a Snaab. Actually, I wanted to get vanity plates that said SNAAB but my husband didn't really understand, so I didn't. Damn it, now I want to do it anyway.)
My car and its turbo engine want premium gas.
I realize this isn't exactly eco-friendly, and it certainly isn't budget friendly, but I don't really drive that much anyway. And it is a small sacrifice to make to be able to drive a classic 900. (I know it's old, that is the point. They don't make 'em like they used to!) I love my car and want it to last a LONG LONG LONG time. I am actually trying to convince Ben that he needs to buy one when he finally replaces the Batmobile (a beat up old Honda Accord; I have no idea why he is still driving it. NOTHING on the thing works. It was his first car. I just sigh and shake my head.)
Anyway, I know gas prices have been going down, but I was shocked to see that "the champagne of gas" that my car likes was finally under $2.00 per gallon:
I know, it is a silly thing to be excited about, but I haven't seen gas so low in a while. Especially before the holidays.
Fill up!!

4 comments:

Chloe said...

I wanted vanity plates too. I had a bunch picked out (I was leaning towards "NEVERB4" because Saturn's slogan is, "Like Always, Like Never Before" or "Uff Da" to show my cringe-worthy midwestern scandinavian heritage!) but Levi also put his foot down. Way down. He was just trying to save me from embarrassment, or something, he said. Whatever.

My car also takes only premium. Damn us and our turbo engines. *sighs*

It's so nice when you punch it and blow past everyone, though. I still get the biggest kick out of that. Hee.

Coco said...

Ben didn't say "no." He just didn't get it. He was like, "but you aren't a snob, you don't want people to think that!"

Boys.

Unknown said...

I totally get it... mine only takes medium, but I am always in search for a station that sells it at only 10 cents more instead of 15... so for you 20 cents more instead of 30. It's like a game. That said, I am so happy about where the prices are right now... extra cash for other things!

Coco said...

I know!!! What's up with the fifteen cents??
And in Colorado, they don't even have 93 octane...they have 87, 89, and 91. What a rip-off:P
Apparently, the altitude makes a difference...my Saab is being spoiled on 93 right now but hates the humidity...it came from Colorado and hopefully soon it is going back (with us, of course)