Friday, January 16, 2009

A POST ABOUT...SHOPPING. OR MAYBE A RANT.

First off, let me say that I am very, very glad that this huge no-shopping era of my life began when spring collections started appearing. If it would have been fall or winter, I would have been sad enough to drink myself into a stupor each and every night, and I really don't ever drink. So, so severely sad.
Obviously, I love fall and winter fashion. Give me black and grey, boots and chunky platform heels, pants pants pants, SWEATERS, scarves, knit hats, COATS, and MORE DARK COLORS. I have been pissed off so far this year that we have had the odd wintry day thrown in among 50 and 60 degree days. THAT IS SUCK WEATHER. I WANT SNOW, I WANT COLD DAYS, I WANT TO WEAR COATS DAMMIT!!!
I think I am the only person (besides my husband, who could give a shit less about fashion but hates hot weather, "hot" meaning 60 degrees and above) who feels this way.

WHY? Why is everyone talking about "the perfect spring wedge" and bright colors and icky cap-sleeve tees and ... blech... SHORTS???!!?!?!?

(Really, if someone took me into Color Me Beautiful, I would growl at the woman if she told me I were a spring or a summer. NO WAY. There is no way. I don't care what my skin and eyes say, I don't like very many brights or pastels.)

Well. Maybe the colors aren't SO bad. But I think that it is really, really difficult to look very stylish when it is 80 degrees outside. Maybe this is why I resort to looking like a Survivor contestant all summer long. I don't know. I just feel so uncomfortable. I hate the heat. I hate the icky baggy sleeveless tops and icky shorts. Ugh. Shorts. The word makes me cringe, unless the words running or yoga are involved.

At least it is easier not to shop when everything out there repulses me. Sure, other people can pull off warm-weather looks, but I prefer to keep it that way. On other people. I try to deny the existence of summer weather as long as possible.

Completely out-there rant, but I keep getting catalogs for spring things and I am hoping I still have a good 3 months of winter left. At least. I really need to be back in the mountains, like yesterday.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Chloe said...

OHMYGOD YOU STOP.

*runs away to look at Nanette Lepore's Spring 2009 collection AGAIN*

*AND AGAIN*

*AND AGAIN!!!*