Saturday, January 17, 2009

NIGHT TWO OF MY PATHETIC WEEKEND

Ben worked 2nd shift again, for the second night in a row.

A little bit of background:
I lived alone for the best part of 10 years (one roommate for 4.5 months, a few short-term semi-serious boyfriends here and there, but that's it) before my husband moved in with me a few months before we got married. I liked living alone. I could listen to whatever I wanted to, have silence when I wanted it, leave my purse hanging on the door with nobody to complain about it, take bubble baths every night, walk around in nothing but a thong and an Organic Living baseball cap, and decorate with elements that would be best described as fluffy, filmy, pink, etc (I never really did that. I stuck with basic decor. I did wear the outfit mentioned, once. With Uggs. But I digress.)
For a short while, I even thought that I missed living alone. Waking up at 4a.m. and going to bed by 9p.m. with nobody to mess up my schedule. Organizing all my fruit and caffeinated beverages without having to share refrigerator space. Listening to The Streets and trying to rap in a British accent. Whatever.
And now. I have two puppies and I am still feeling lonely.
I had every intention to come home and make dinner and watch Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I guess I will go ahead and admit that I am making lentils and watching John Tucker Must Die.


1 comment:

Chloe said...

I wanted John Tucker Must Die to be funnier than it actually was. So disappointing. :(

I like having the occasional night to myself, but I'm goofy like that. I'm a loner, Dottie, a rebel...