Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ALL ABOUT JOBS

I have never really gotten a job I really wanted before. Sure, I have interviewed for a ton of great positions with companies I would love to work for, but I was never offered the ones that I really thought I would love. One time I got a job that I ended up loving, but I walked in there because I needed a job, not because I really wanted to work at that particular place.

Today, that changed. I received a call back from the one place that I really wanted a call from. I can't go into detail yet because I would like to get started before I start writing about my job, but I am beyond excited. Let's just say that I will get to work towards retail management (my work of choice if I really think about it--no desk, no office), it's upscale retail, and I get to work with dogs. Oh, and I am pretty positive that writing and blogging will be a part of my job description as well. Wow. Just wow. In today's market. I had a good feeling, though, and for once I was right!

I like to think of it as good karma...after years of working crap jobs and getting passed up for things I deserved and would excel at...I am now, at nearly 30 years old, finally getting a job that I not only need, but want.

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Yay! Congrats! I'm so excited for you. And working at upscale retail and with dogs? Man, it sounds interesting. :D