Wednesday, October 29, 2008

THE 100-WAY BRA

Wow. My Victoria's Secret 100-Way bra arrived today.
Someone in the design department at VS is a genius.
I generally like bras that offer NO padding, so I was a bit disappointed to feel the lining in this bra. For some reason, even a little bit of it just makes me feel icky. However, when I tried it on, it wasn't really as padded as I thought, and if any of you remember the fiasco involved with my top and the "daisies" on this night:


...then you will know the importance of an actual bra that can be made to work with tops that are one-shouldered, low cut, low-v, backless, etc.
***NOTE: Do NOT under ANY circumstances wear those beige nipple daisies under a thin black top if you are going to be photographed when you are out that night. Also, do NOT attempt to color the daisies black, fail to find a black sharpie, and settle for blue. They will STILL show under the top, and you will have an outline of a daisy on your girls for days.***

I have a love-hate relationship with VS. On one hand, they have some cute lingerie that is not expensive at all. On the other hand, most of their bras are WAY too padded for my taste, and some of the clothing they offer is either a bit too trashy or shoddily made. Also, if you order even one $5 thong from them, you will receive at least 3 catalogs a week for the rest of your life, no matter where or how far you move. They will find you.
Oh well. I like my new bra, and now I can wear many of my new tops daisy-free.

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Oh no! That's too bad, with the daisies. LOL. Sorry. I don't mean to laugh. It happens. I know your pain. :(

I also have a love-hate relationship with VS bras. I got hooked on the secret embrace ones last year, but they don't hold up for crap. About five washings later (I wash them VERY carefully in a mesh bag, lay them flat to dry, never put them in the dryer) and they're stretched out and misshapen. I'm almost as flat chested as a person can be (without being completely flat chested) so I have no idea WTF is going on. Now they ride up whenever I wear them. Argh.