Saturday, April 4, 2009

NO MORE SICK, NO MORE FAT, NO MORE, NO MORE

I know, I really can't be called "fat" by any so-called "normal person" standards, but when have I ever been normal?
I am tired of feeling sick, and sick of feeling gross and big and lumbering around instead of gracefully moving.
I've been back on the raw foods (really, nothing else works, my digestive system has repeatedly told me "HAY-ELL NO!" to anything else) and am trying to do a short course of smoothie-juice feasting until my stupid TMJ drama chills out (food and chewing makes it worse).

At the upper right of my blog is a little link to my "Daily Plate." I have a history of hating online diet diaries, because I don't eat anything that remotely resembles most of the stuff that most people eat, so it is never programmed in to the database. However, The Daily Plate makes it easy to make your own little foods, so I can put the exact amounts of everything I throw into the VitaMix on a regular basis and title it "Grapefruit Smoothie" or whatever. Hooray. Now, let's see if I keep up with the thing. I have written down everything I eat, weighed out no less, for, oh let's see, 10 years. On paper. I'm going to try the online thing now, but I know I won't be able to throw out my paper diary.

I know, this will bore half of you, but come on, I have to make myself do it somehow.

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Awww, I'm glad I'm not the only one that deals with the TMJ thing. When I was going to 2340932904732 doctors a few years back, before they knew what was going on, I had an ENT look at me and go, "Tsk tsk, you're too young for TMJ problems."

That's nice. BUT apparently I'm NOT too young, because THAT DOESN'T STOP ME FROM FREAKING HAVING THEM. Arrrrgh.

My twin sister deals with the same shiz. I tell Levi that I'm going to be a little old lady that's going to need her jaw wired shut at some point, the way I'm going here. Ugh.

I hope you feel better soon Shannon. And you are not fat, woman. :P